Payed boxes, payed work

Am Freitag, 21. April 2006 08:47 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > impossible (I am working in a publicly founded research agency, and I am
>
> I think I got your point, which sounds like:
> If I would be able to show my boss a shiny Debian-Med box he would by it.
> If I just continue to work on a downloadable Debian-Med he will ignore it.
>
> Interesting thought

Simple.

Your boss needs to pay only you. If he pays for boxes and attatched services
he might not be able to afford you anymore.

He needs to pay only for the work to maintain installations and/or for
customizing and developing.

Your payments will remain market prices of your work.

It's just a bad habit and mostly unnecessary to additionaly buy boxes.

Box prices, prices payed for copies, are market prices often based on
aritificial scarcity.

Payments for markets with aritificial scarcities will result in lower budgets
for real markets. See the labour market react with unemployment and lower
wages. See even artifical surplus created on the laybour market, cutting
"laybour costs", feeding artifical scarcity payments.

See how market prices for your work, for all scarcities realy alterable by
humans, can rise?  When artificial scarcities and scarcities given by nature
can no longer distort market prices into "given conditions" of stiff common
costs and particular benefits?

-Christian