Re: base-config

El Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 05:57:54PM -0700, mithereal va escriure:
> hello i am trying to find out info on how to modify
> the base-config scripts so i can change what packages
> are installed for the desktop environment, mainily i
> want to change this being as how i do not use kde or
> gnome and i want to distribute to non linux users and
> do not want to rely on a knoppix or other live cd
> install. I wish to distribute to MS users to ease
> migration from windows to linux and want icewm and
> wmaker and other similar apps to be installed when
> desktop environment is checked. I have asked in linux
> questions.org multiple times and to no avail could you
> please respond to this question. I have looked all
> over the base-config scripts, maybe i am looking in
> the wrong place.
> thanking you in advance.
> jason clark

  See the tasksel documentation, you only need to provide a file on
  /usr/share/tasksel/YOUR_TASK.desc with the tasks you want to provide.

  If you choose one of your tasks instead of the debian ones you have what you
  want (you can select your task on a presseding, if you only want one
  installation flavour).

  Ah, to install your tasksel description you need to install your package
  before base-config is run, I do that with an script that installs the
  packages before base-config is run, the script is provided by an udeb that
  installs a file on the installer's /usr/lib/prebaseconfig.d/ dir, but you can
  do it using other hooks, see:

    http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/installer/doc/devel/available-hooks.txt

  to see available hooks.

  Hope that helps, greetings,

    Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69