Re: RFC: How to handle configuration files and updates on the cddtool

|--==> ripley  writes:

  r> Alle 11:24, mercoledì 26 gennaio 2005, Sergio Talens-Oliag ha scritto:
  >>After all packages are installed, we copy the original file to a place we
  >>can recover it from, like:
  >>
  >>/etc/cdd/CDDNAME/orig_conffiles/orig_package/ORIGINAL_PATH

  r> I think that for Policy compliant the original config files must go
  r> in /var/lib/cdd/CDDNAME/orig_conffiles/orig_package/ORIGINAL_PATH

  r> it seems a good keep-it-simple-stupid  approach, i like it.

Yes, good idea Sergio. I like it too. I  feel it satisfies most of the
needs of CDDs.  This is just first  impression though.. need to digest
it a little bit :)

Cheers,

Free