Re: CDD Tool Proposal

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Free Ekanayaka wrote:

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't need  to rewrite the whole menu
entry, I just need to change the section="" field. E.g:

ardour-gtk: "Apps/Sound" -> "Sound/Recorders/Multitrack"

Thus the idea is that I only customise the section/menu-path with:

Pkg-Menu-Path: Sound/Recorders/Multitrack
Depends: ardour-gtk

and then I have  a script in /etc/menu  (or whatever  location), which
can be  common for all CDDs, and  that is invoked  by update-menus and
write on standard out a menu entry identical  to the original one that
comes with the ardour-gtk package, but with the my custom menu path.
This script is (basically) finished.  It just prepends CDD name to the
original menu entry, but finding a different.  Have a look at
     /usr/share/menu/cdd-menu
from CVS.  (But please do not lock so close because it is quite hackish
shell scripting. ;-) )

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de