Re: CDDs projects on Alioth

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Free Ekanayaka wrote:

It seems that  currently  Debian-Med and  Debian-Junior are  following
such  approach, while Debian-BR and   Debian-NP have their own  Alioth
projects, located respectively under category Communication [1] and
category Debian [2].
Once I started also a Debian-Med alioth project but decided not to use it
(at least for the moment) for the packages code.

Personally I prefer to have different project for different things, as
modularity helps management and development a lot.
Sure.  My idea was to have the same thing in one project: CDD,  It depends
from your view on these things and I will not mind if you see it differently
than me. ;-)

In this view the CDD alioth project deals only with tools for building
s/this/your/

and maintaining a generic CDD, and it's current category (Debian->Packaging)
seems quite appropriate to me.
May be we should adjust the category to more sane values - feel free to
do so.

As far  as specific CDD  are concerned I'd rather  create a new Alioth
category Debian->Custom, and open an Alioth project for each of them.
If you have enough time to maintain a separate project ...

What do you think about this?
It's fairly obvious (according to my decision) that I would stick to the
common place.  The pros are:

  - Newcommers get an easier overview over existing code of different CDDs
  - It is easy to document where CDD code is placed (without changing the
    documentation if a new CDD has startet) - I hope you will fix the
    docs in cdd-doc to reflect the location of your CDD and I also hope
    the currently separately located CDDs will do so as well (hmmm ...)
  - You spend less time in creating the alioth project, install mail
    services for SVN, manage developers etc.

What are your cons?

Kind regards