Re: CDDs projects on Alioth

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 08:46, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> It seems that  currently  Debian-Med and  Debian-Junior are  following
> such  approach [to simply have trees under the cdd project]
> As far  as specific CDD  are concerned I'd rather  create a new Alioth
> category Debian->Custom, and open an Alioth project for each of them.
>
> What do you think about this?

I am not married to any particular approach.  My motive for doing Debian
Jr. this way was simply avoidance of work duplicating infrastructure.
If for the good of the CDD group we should have separate projects,
that's fine by me.  Don't expect me to do the work anytime soon,
though.  I'm barely keeping up with my present Debian work as it is. :)

Also, I think what Andreas and I were thinking was that if a new CDD
project wanted to get up and running quickly, we could simply grant them
CVS write, have them create a new tree, and they could be up in no
time.  A certain percentage of projects never get off the ground, or are
so simple that a full project is not warranted.  So from the outset we
thought it would be good if CDD projects each had a choice as to whether
they wanted to bother creating a separate Alioth project or just add
their stuff under the CDD project.

Ben
--
Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>