Re: [offtopic] chroot + debconf (ncurses)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Lluis wrote:

in fact i was using some hand made and separated scripts to remaster knoppix
cds, but somebody posted a message telling that there's no automated tool for
making knoppix-based cds
Perhaps this was me, but the full quote woould be

    ... inside Debian

and this is currently the case if I'm not completely wrong.

so i decided to pack all my scripts and some others
(knoppify, and now i'm looking on another that i can't remember its name...)
to make a full set of scripts covering all the process in the spirit of
knoppiffy, so you just have to provide some templates and edit a config file
with the definition of working directories, packages lists to install on the
distro and the kernel source to build

does anybody think that's usefull?
Definitely.  And if it is the easiest way to use Morphix - go for it and
create a morphix-builder (or whatever name) package.

if not, i won't make any more efforts to make it customisable for different
purposes and won't continue "documenting" it (well, the documentation is
just the description of the configurable variables... but we all know that
every program is self-explicative... ;))
Well, partly - I nice documentation would be great. ;-)

Kind regards