>   Netherlands: 1
>   Norway:      1
>   Spain:       1
>   (N-America)
>   Canada:      1
>   USA:         1
>   (S-America)
>   Brazil:      2
>
> Looking at the departing countries, I believe somewhere in Europe will
> be the best option.  It would need to have good connections to Brazil,
> USA and Canada, and should have direct flights from the European
> contries as well.  Schipol, Heathrow and Frankfurt comes to mind as
> good airports to focus on.  Do we have any good locations close to
> these airports?

i have been thinking about this problem a bit because of debconf
travel costs in the past. i think in a case like this one of the
absolut cheapest places to have the event is near camebridge (aka
ryanair`s stansted airport). the reasoning is: from pretty much
everywhere in europe you can get to stansted cheaply using
ryanair. i would be surprised if the european travel costs would
be over 200Euro at all for any single individual. plus London is
one of the major airline hubs of the world, which makes flights
to it cheaper then elsewhere.

the challange would be to find a place in camebridge to hold such
a meeting. i hear universities are not so welcoming for some
reason. it could be a different thing for such a little group,
though.

calculating with some realistic flight prices would give you
andreas@lukas:~$ echo $((6*200 + 2*700 + 2*800 ))
4200
for travel.

> SLX Debian Labs would probably be interested to sponsor this, but it
> would be good to find more sponsors to keep the load on SLX Debian
> Labs at a reasonable level.  Assuming flight prizes on the average 600
> EURO per person, we are looking at 7200 EURO for flights, plus food
> and accommodation.

perhaps some england based custom debian distro could pinch in
for the food and accommodation?