Re: Building headless network install the proper way

sl> Otavio Salvador wrote:
> [...]
sl> relay module, and a dhcp/tftp server, this allowed me to bring up
sl> machines from scratch and do a full install if needed.

sl> It's a good suggestion, but I really want interactice headless
>> network
sl> installations.
>> What you mean by headless?

sl> I mean that the computer is 200 miles away without a monitor or
sl> keyboard. The only control I have is to reset it.

hum ... Sure ...

So this case I think you can try to do another issue ... Currently, we
have avaible on Debian Installer the network-console. This is a module
to allow a instalation by SSH service. One useful hack to include on
it is set one default password or include one script to send a
encripted mail to somewhere with the password and the you can connect
and continue the process.

This do not resolve your problem?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R