Re: Building headless network install the proper way

sl> Otavio Salvador wrote:

|| On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:19:12 +0100
|| Sam Liddicott <sam@liddicott.com> wrote: sl> By controlling the
reset switch with a serial port controlled

sl> relay module, and a dhcp/tftp server, this allowed me to bring up
sl> machines from scratch and do a full install if needed.

Did you tried the FAI? This now supports the sarge/sid and does a
good
job on this area. I think you should take a look at it.

sl> It's a good suggestion, but I really want interactice headless network
sl> installations.

What you mean by headless?

I mean that the computer is 200 miles away without a monitor or keyboard. The only control I have is to reset it.

Sam