Re: Fwd: Re: CDD World Domination @Debconf4

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 01:57:38AM +0200, C. Gatzemeier wrote:

> >     - Release process
> >        - (add your name here)
> I suppose this is about "the swirl" release scripts, Martin  Loschwitz posted
> about on debian-desktop?

No, about how a CDD should be released.
Questions like "may a CDD base itself on testing?"
"may a CDD use a backported sofwtare in an easy way without risk to
break anything?" "how to easy up non-in-Stable packages during CDD
release process?" and so on.

Depending on which issues will raised up during debconf, I'll probably
put my name here.

Anyway, I'll look for Martin's scripts, they could be usefull though

> >     - Technical infrastructure
> When it comes to improving the configuration management and debconf I'd again
> like to suggest to have look at Config4GNU. Not to adopt the implementation
[...]

This very issue will be discussed here at the DebConf, hopefully :)
I hope here (in PoA) there is some guys able to explain why cfengine, or why
config4gnu or whatever.

thanks for you feedback,
	cosimo.