Re: customized configuration issue

On Sat, 15 May 2004, C. Gatzemeier wrote:

> Hmm, you mean that it should idealy be like that, or am I misunderstanding
> you? Because in that case the config files themselfes should probably be
> "pre-seeded", well lets just call it configured, instead of the debconf
> registry, err config.dat. Or not?
Yes.
But the issue here is that for the CUstom Debian Distribution purpose
in question some different configuration than the standard package
configuration might be needed.

> Somehow I managed to get this type of messegas several times during upgrades.
> If the config system stops working I'd sadly consider it not very
> helpful/usable and think a simple config file change should not confuse it.
... which is the fact currently - at least if the package uses debconf as it
is intended.

> wished the system had flexible syntax and semantic knowlege instead of more
> or less hardcoded search/substitute procedures. Thus Config4GNU which sports
> modular meta-config definitions etc.
Sorry - I can't comment on this because I do not know it.

Kind regards