Re: Knoppix to Debian - A Roadmap what needs to be done

Am Donnerstag, 15. April 2004 20:57 schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> Preferably the live-cd autoconfig magic should keep working even with
> apt-get upgrade or dist-upgrade. In fact that should update the
> live-cd packages to newest versions and not revert the system to a
> normal debian.

Hmm, that sounds really cool!
As for the perspective broader than just live-CDs and the two stages of debix
you mentioned:

Maybe you'd like to call the two parts non-persistent (COW) disk support and
autoconfig for debian. And maybe debian-knoppix could also be thought of a
stepstone to a future generic debian-autoconfig (for CD, HD, Flash, ROM,
PXE-Netboot etc. images)

Those are just my thoughts on the "think about the name" part.

I also had a look in what section discover, kudzu, and hotplug are in. (admin,
utils, admin) And I found the package gibraltar-bootsupport which is also in
the admin section and manages /etc and /var on their CD.

Christian