D-I kernel facts [Re: Knoppix to Debian - A Roadmap what needs to be done]

Hi,

some facts about the D-I kernels since there seems to be a
misconception from the old boot-floppies way:

The Debian-Installer uses kernel-image and modules udebs, BUT those
are just repackaged from the kernel-image.deb of the respective arch
so that the needed modules for each circumstance can be used.

So with sarge there will be no more "install kernel". Its just the one
and only Debian kernel used everywhere.

MfG
        Goswin