Re: Knoppix to Debian - A Roadmap what needs to be done

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:57:47PM +0200, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
>   Maybe I'm not explaining my point, what I'm saying is that those
>   packages have to be done in a way that they can be installed on any
>   Debian system without breaking the system, not that they can't be in
>   Debian.

Ah.  That may have been what you meant, but it isn't what you said.  :)
Yes, I agree.  For example, busybox can be installed on a Debian system
without breaking it.  But if you invoke the busybox install on a host
system, you'll probably break it.  I should think the only-useful-on-a-
live-CD packages could be made to do the same.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org