Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 05:50:23PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 09:18:03AM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > You can't put a : in a filename on a FAT filesystem.
>
> Interestingly enough, you *can* put a : in a filename on an NTFS
> filesystem, if you do it with ntfs-3g. Windows won't like it, though.
> Yes, I found that out the hard way ;-)
AFAIK you can do that with anything that skips the Win32 subsystem as it's
the only place where the check is enforced (for backward compatibility).
You can also read it back.  Maybe you can do that even via Win32 using an
UNC path.

--
WBR, wRAR