Re: razor-qt

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 08:03:19AM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 02:25:35PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>
> > Back in the day ... our panel was THE WHOLE screen, it was all green
> > on black text and we lusted after those new fangled EGA screens - it
> > was orange! not green!
>
> When I finally got my new fangled EGA screen, it was *configurable*: you
> could use a button to choose to have it in orange, green, or with actual
> colours. Back in the good old days when you were actually given a
> choice.

Are we speaking about text console, or X?

For the former:

# echo "deb http://angband.pl/debian sid main" >>/etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get install vtgamma
Run "vtgamma -e" to get a template (you can't get either orange nor green by
any combination of R/G/B gamma) then adjust the colours to your taste, then
output the given string, putting it into /etc/issue or bash's prompt if you
want that permanent.

For the latter:

# apt-get install compiz
$ compiz --replace
Enable the color filters and play with them, there's no orange/green monitor
emulation in the presets but you can make one.

Too bad, the user interface for compiz config is badly acting up in unstable
right now, but the functionality itself works fine.

> Nowadays, if I type my login name all uppercase, I don't even get an
> uppercase "PASSWORD:" prompt anymore :(

stty olcuc

(Quick hint: "stty -olcuc" restores sanity.)

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ