Re: Use of the first person in messages from the computer

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 04:45:14PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:

> Just write some software that passes the Turing test, and teach it enough to
> contribute in non-mindless tasks or at least troll a funny way, and I bet
> folks like the Debian crowd will have no problems taking it for a kind of a
> person.  "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."
>
> With no sentience, though, sorry... a tool's a tool.
>
> So we're not racists, sexists or speciesists, but still mindists.

So you propose to start being nice to computers only once they are able
to stand up for their own rights?

It is, no doubt, a plan. I could think of a little flaw, though.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>