hating on gmail

So I've been working off and on trying to get my wireless working on sid, and there were some helpful replies the first time I  posted to debian-user that steered me towards possible solutions.   Last night I wanted to post my progress and a request for more help, and since I'd used this gmail account to post the initial message, I thought I'd try to use groups.google.com to actually attach my response to the bottom of the thread (rather than starting a new one).  Probably I shouldn't be surprised by the result:

fromModeration Robot <robomod@news.nic.it>
tocal...@gmail.com,
dateFri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:50 PM
subjectRe: Re: intel 3945 wireless
mailed-byattila.bofh.it

hide details 9:50 PM (10 hours ago)

linux.debian.user is a moderated newsgroup in gateway
with a mailing list.

Your article has been examined by the automatic moderation program
and has been refused because:

this hierarchy accepts posts only from registered users.
You can register for posting by subscribing to the linux-gate@lists.bofh.it
mailing list. You can do so by sending a message with "subscribe" in the
body at the linux-gate-request@lists.bofh.it address or by visiting