Re: Automatic retrieval of information from qa.debian.org

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 02:46:52PM -0400, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> David Paleino wrote:
>
> > Seems like PHP hasn't got the Soap extension. I haven't checked with
> > phpinfo(), I've deduced it from:
> >
> > http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/bugs.php
> <quote from there>
> Join us! Help us in making Doctors use Debian!
> </quote
>
> In spanish, using doctor means both a person with a PhD and (mistakenly) an
> MD. When talking in spanish, I normally tell people to use the word medico
> to refer to physicians, and to use doctor only for PhDs.[1]
> Is this the case elsewhere?

In Romania a "doctor" is usually an MD (with or without PhD). The term
"medic" for an MD is less used, but not uncommon. PhD's usually avoid
using the term unless they are teaching at a university where the title
is more important and you can see something like "Prof. Dr. Ing.  ..."

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)