Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

> Have you actually used public/mass transit lately, during rush hour,
> to get from one side of a city to the other, day after day, leaving and
> arriving _reliably_ within predictable time frames?  For extra spice,
> add in winter.  To really get your blood boiling, make it a Canadian
> winter.

Yes.

I commuted twice a week during rush hour to and from Northridge, CA from
Irvine, CA on public rail, and arrived within a minute of the scheduled
time every single time.

The one and only exception was the day there were serious forest fires
north of Northridge; the train was about fifteen minutes late.

When I lived in Boston for ten years, I took the T nearly every day to
one destination or another, and found the service speedy and reliable.
On rare occasions a train would be disabled, imposing at most a five
minute delay.

Thomas