Re: GCC 4.1 now the default GCC version for etch
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.1 now the default GCC version for etch
- From: Thomas Bushnell BSG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:39:57 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org.HOWL> (Matthias Klose's message of "Wed, 7 Jun 2006 02:20:48 +0200")
- References: <email@example.com.HOWL>
Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The compilers from GCC 4.1 provide now the default compiler for etch
> for Ada, C, C++, Objc, ObjC++, Fortran95 and for the Java language.
> The packages are currently in the incoming queue and will hit the
> archive on Wed. June 7. Compilers for Fortran77 and Pascal still
> default to the compilers built from GCC 3.4. Although we did not get
> feedback from all port maintainers, we did switch the compiler
> versions to 4.1 for all architectures .
For those keeping score at home, notice that doing the much larger
task of upgrading GCC's version is apparently easier than python's.