Re: spyware

danger -- followups might not be set properly as I replied to a message
from a different list and just addressed it here to curiosa -- if you're
an idiot like me you might want to double-check who you're sending a
reply to before hitting send.

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Please don't hit reply to start a new thread.  Use Post to Mailing
> List or compose a new message to debian-user@lists.debian.org instead
> to start a new thread.
>
> On Tuesday May 10 2005 9:43 pm, Brandon Richards wrote:
>
>>Anyone on this list still running windows might want to check it
>>for spyware.   I got about 8-9 hits on mine which is not good.
>

> Only 8 or 9?  That's *really* good for a Windows box, and yet a good
> reason not to keep that copy of Windows around either.
>

>>Actually I am running dual boot on my laptop and windows
>>with thunderbird and firefox on main computer.
>

> Sounds like a serious personal problem.  Seek help.

Hey, watch it -- i do that too (but don't actually have a working
thunderbird on the windows-booted XP-pro partition because i spend so
little time in that environment)

Is it really a personal problem if I only really boot into windows
regularly to update spyware, anti-vir and windows updates (so that I'll
always have a working windows environment in the uncommon case that an
XP vmware instance isn't sufficient)?

	be well,
		~c
--
Be not afraid of your own subjectivity, just streamline its flow ;)
    - Youlian Troyanov