Re: Best operating system according to MSN.com

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 03:43:43PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> writes:
>
> > I must say I found it vaguely amusing to see that while so far Google
> > has only indexed the top-level page of my website, MSN-Search has
> > crawled the whole thing, including the odd references to "Microshite"
> > and plugs for Debian... :-)
>
> I saw no reason to make Microsoft's search engine more useful (or make
> money off my content by extension), so here's my robots.txt.  Given
> that Google delivers most of my hits from search engines, and MSN
> usually only gives me four or five a year...

> Disallow: /

I see your point... but on the other hand, given that my website (a)
has very little on it and (b) what is on it includes stuff like this:

<A HREF="http://www.debian.org";>Debian GNU/Linux</A> Fed up with Microshite crashes, viruses,
trojans, spyware, total ignorance of security and general endemic dysfunctionality? Linux is a
REAL operating system. Find out more here.<BR>

...I think I'll leave it as it is!

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons