Re: unhappy customer

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 01:47:42AM +1000, bob parker wrote:
> xf86config is a text based
> configurer that generates a XF86Config file that will need to be renamed
> afterward to XF86Config-4 if using XFree86 version 4.1 the default for Woody.

...why? I'm using Woody / X 4.1, I used xf86config, I've got an XF86Config,
but I've never had an XF86Config-4. I've got another system using
Woody and a backport of X 4.3, again with XF86Config but no
XF86Config-4.

In fact I'm not even sure where XF86Config-4 comes from... must be one
of those questions asked during installation which I answer (a) very
rarely and (b) automatically that causes it to be generated, or not
generated. I reckon that whatever answer I automatically give is the
one that causes it not to be generated. I've never had it, anyway!

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons