Re: ..D-C, was: [OT] voting (was: Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications))

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 04:46:33AM +0800, David Palmer wrote:
> Started off at Debian-user.
> Original subject matter was Debian response to the recent server
> compromise, and possible improvements to same. Then it moved to
> Slashdots' reliability as a news source, because that's how a lot of us
> got to hear of it, and then politics, sex, religion, philosophy, and all
> the other relevant subject matter had to be included, of course.
>
> Basically, what with an element of social interchange growing out of
> proportion to the main subject matter of the list, everybodies'
> mailheaders getting munged, etc., a few of us undertook to move the
> discussion here.

Hmm, I'd say that's wildly off topic for here too. how about you folk take
it to private email, or set up a list elsewhere to waste time.

> If you find us hard to live with, it's all Colin Watsons' idea, so
> you'll have to sue him.

I'll remember to inflict pain next time I see him.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

    "Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intellegent life exists
   elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."