Re: ..D-C, was: [OT] voting (was: Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications))

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 16:45, criggie wrote:
> On 08 Dec 2003 03:47:33 +0800
> David Palmer <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > > ..yes?  ;-)  I have seen just 4 posts here in  d-c since
> > > Karsten plonked me.   ;-)
> > >
> > Well, the number is slowly climbing.
> > Alright, where are the rest of you?
> > Or was this just a plot to get rid of Arnt and me?
>

> Well the rest of us from Debian-Curiosa are here... want to explain a
> wee bit of the thread's history?

Hello,

Started off at Debian-user.
Original subject matter was Debian response to the recent server
compromise, and possible improvements to same. Then it moved to
Slashdots' reliability as a news source, because that's how a lot of us
got to hear of it, and then politics, sex, religion, philosophy, and all
the other relevant subject matter had to be included, of course.

Basically, what with an element of social interchange growing out of
proportion to the main subject matter of the list, everybodies'
mailheaders getting munged, etc., a few of us undertook to move the
discussion here.
If you find us hard to live with, it's all Colin Watsons' idea, so
you'll have to sue him.
Regards,

David.