Re: Is this in a real Zoo?

Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 13:46:20 +0200, Antonio Trueba Gayol wrote:
> > > 	Anyone knows if this is really in a zoo?
> > >
> > > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/penguin_sign.jpg
> >
> > I wouldn't be suprised if it were the sign for the sponsored penguin at
> > Bristol Zoo (http://penguin.uk.linux.org/).
>
> Considering it mentions that the place was visited by members of CLUG
> specifically, I'm guessing it's the National Zoo and Aquarium in Canberra.
> Other reasons why it wouldn't be the Bristol Sponsored Penguin:

Well, since the sponsored Tux (dunno what it's called in english) is
near Alan Cox' place, and that Linus visited a zoo in down under that
inspired him and was the reason he choose the penguin as mascot and
is the reason why he took over mmmhhhhship of a penguin in a British
zoo, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a sign from the zoon in .uk
that hosts "his" penguin.

> * AFAIK, the Bristol Zoo isn't called the National Zoo and Aquarium;
>
> * It can't be in Britain, because it's not raining in the picture.  <g>

The Brits were granted two sunny days per year.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Life is a lot easier when you have someone to share it with.  -- Sean Perry