Re: cliff dump

Hugh Saunders <hugh@mjr.org> writes:
> clueless question: how would i produce a document with vim and latex?
> latex blurb [from what i have read] says that latex is a set of macros
> for tex, but i dont really know what tex is apart from that its
> something to do with typesetting. So is the idea you produce a file with
> vim, then parse it with tex/latex/something which outputs a postscript
> file???

'latex' will read in a .tex file and produce a .dvi file; you can view
this directly with 'xdvi', or convert it to PostScript with 'dvips'.
As far as beginner's reference material goes, I'd recommend installing
the Debian tetex packages and then running 'texdoc lshort', which will
bring up a reasonably good tutorial.

	-- Abra Mitchell