Re: Oh well :)

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:55:06PM -0600, Cesar Rincon scribbled:
[snip]
> > It made me laugh, so I guess we can consider it to be some sort of a joke
> > :). Frankly, I asked myself the same question - is it a provocation or a
> > joke? Or an attempt to draw attention to oneself? Or simply ramblings of a
> > fool who knows nothing but likes to pretend he knows an awful lot?
>
> My guess would be that it was an conscious attempt to get the thing on
> Slashdot.  I'd say slashdotting yourself is not bad at all, if your
That might be, although I wonder what is better - to get some cash in one's
pocket from banner impressions or to make a fool out of oneself? I'm sure
there are better ways of drawing attention - for example to make a honest
comparison of the bugs found in all the products he mentions that reaches
back to the beginnings of each product :) THAT would be a huge work (if
possible at all) and it would surely get recognized ;)

> servers can handle the load and you charge advertising on your site by
> banner impressions...
Actually, the load after slashdotting isn't that high. I saw a test
somewhere that stated the load to be ~1Mb/s. I was slashdotted my self
several years ago when I wrote a web server in shell script - believe it or
not, the little thing was able to handle the visits from the /. readers :)

marek