From: Evan Prodromou [mailto:evan@prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 5:09 PM
To: Mike Dresser
Cc: debian-curiosa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: High density text on console

    MD> I suspect I should find a non-technological solution to people
    MD> wandering in my office and reading my screen and bothering me
    MD> while I'm trying to work.

There used to be a company that would take out the polarizing layer on
an LCD screen for you. The display would end up looking like white
noise, except if you wore superspecial polarizing glasses, which would
set the polarity right.

Obviously this wouldn't work on a CRT, but the idea is worth
pursuing. What about making your screen bright blue on slightly-darker
blue, and wearing those funny yellow sunshades they advertize on
late-night TV?

Another alternative would be setting your screen font so that it's
just funny squiggle lines of your own devising, and memorizing what
each squiggle means.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou