Re: High density text on console

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> There used to be a company that would take out the polarizing layer on
> an LCD screen for you. The display would end up looking like white
> noise, except if you wore superspecial polarizing glasses, which would
> set the polarity right.

Yup, I've seen them before.  In fact, looking at a catalogue here, there's
crt and lcd models avaialble from 3M.  This one is supposed to make
it look black, unless viewed straight on.  Similar idea, but the
one requiring the glasses is much nicer :)

> Obviously this wouldn't work on a CRT, but the idea is worth
> pursuing. What about making your screen bright blue on slightly-darker
> blue, and wearing those funny yellow sunshades they advertize on
> late-night TV?

One better idea than that.  How bout I just start WORKING when late-night
TV is on?  I find working from home at night to be the most productive,
by far.  Don't have said annoying supervisor coming in every half hour and
spending 5 minutes googling.. goggling.. whichever, at my screen and
asking me what I'm doing because he doesn't understand it.

> Another alternative would be setting your screen font so that it's
> just funny squiggle lines of your own devising, and memorizing what
> each squiggle means.

monitor:~# apt-get install squiggly
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package squiggly

Humm.

Anyways, home I go.  I'll get my work done there :)

Mike