Re: (long)Re: Why would I want an LFS system? (fwd)

[ reading this thread a bit late ]

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 08:29, tchiwam wrote:
> Our stable LFS versions are in the case of *newly* ported platform, way
> more stable and better common feel than Any big distro I have tried. Took
> me 4 download of different distro to get ONE working, debian and Newworld
> G4 isn't flying [...]

What problems did you encounter?  Plenty of people run Debian on their
NewWorld G4 machines.  The installer isn't perfect, but certainly if you
have the skills to build a system from scratch, you can work around the
remaining bugs (almost all of which have been squashed now).