Re: Unix Keyboards and Terminals History.

Inglima Modica Davide Silvio <st970743@educ.di.unito.it> writes:

> I am curious about the different standards of keyboards that are seen in
> unix terminals, both old and new. As an example, we used to have Xyplex
> (character) and Techtroniks (black and white) terminals which had meta,
> compose and stuff like that. Now I am using a Sunblade 100. The keyboard
> is an usb one, but it has keys like "compose, stop, again, props, undo,
> front, copy" and two with a diamond etc...

Richard Shuford has a huge collection of information about terminals; it
mostly focuses on traditional character-based terminals, but also includes
some coverage of X-based and other graphical terminals.  Check it out:

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal_index.html
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal/key_mice.html

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu)