Re: Sexism At Debian

Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Paul E Condon wrote:
> >I wonder about a somewhat more serious topic:
> >I am already aware that some Debian people are female, judging by their
> >given names. What is an appropriate why to refer to these people as a
> >class? What is a way that is not taken as an offense by any?
>
> Debian people.
>
> Why do you need to make a distinction between the sexes?

Most of the time, when dealing with a computer problem, I really would
rather not make a distinction. But there are topics where the sex/gender
of people matters, if only to talk about how much it really DOESN'T
MATTER. So, how do does one refer to this topic without being offensive
to some people?

I am somewhat "out of the loop" on the sexism topic. What is sexist
about woody? How can I ask such a question without being offensive?