Re: led test

With a vertical bar of 7 or 8 LEDs, present a scan of the
matrix of the characters in the message you wish to present.
Ideally there should also be a row of lights or some other
object that the eyes would track past your column of LEDs.
What you'd get is a message that would appear then someone
scans their eyes across your display and disappears when
they look straight at it.  A coworker told me LAMOMA has
(had?) a sign like that you could see from the freeway.