Re: led test

On 08/21/2001 11:42:40 AM jake wrote:

>> from the secret journal of Vince Mulhollon (vlm@norlight.com):
>> > 5) Have it blink out the source code for decss in morse code, etc.
>>
>> I don't believe the morse alphabet has semicolons, parens, amperstands,
>> etc... You could probably use the symbols that do exist to hack out a

Ahem.

. is .-.-.-
, is --..--
: is ---...
; is -.-.-.
- is -....-
' is .----.
/ is -..-.
( is -.--.
) is -.--.-
" is .-..-.

I believe /usr/games/morse in package bsdgames has a bug.  I don't want to
file a bug with information I'm not sure of, so I'm not filing one.
Someone more sure of their morse code can file a bug against bsdgames...

Then of course there is the "american morse code" vs the "international
morse code" issue (no one uses the old american code which involved strange
intra character pauses)

This is more of a topic for debian-hams. (or is that debian-hamradio?)

Also you can simply spell out "left squiggly bracket" instead of "{"

>> base-32 encoding scheme. A little work and you could probably even fit
>> unicode on top of that, but passers by would never get the gag.

Just send base-16 hexadecimal, only need 0-9 A-F.  Or I suppose you could
send decimal bytes (127 23, 65, 22) or send in octal using 0-7, or send in
binary using 1 and 0.

>> > 6) Have it sniff passwords going thru the network and blink them out
in
>> > morse code.
>> Ha. Except, I hope your password contains characters that morse doesn't.

See above.

Besides, although $qswD looks like it has alot of entropy, a nice long
sentance from a book probably has more.  Think passphrase instead of
password.  Think of all the text from an entire panel from a dilbert
cartoon, etc.