RE: women in debian

Title: RE: women in debian

<snip>

> Besides... can I just say that there have been enough obscure foreign
> names on these lists that it's tough to tell if one is dealing with a
> male or a female anyway?
>
> I'd never even thought to single out anyone's race/gender/age before
> this thread, and I think I liked things better that way.

Oh come on... don't you know a lot of the guys here are probably lonely.  I'd bet a few of them would welcome a debian-dating group... such groups would have to be no more than 60/40 in any one direction.  Besides, insanely smart technical women are cool.  Finding women who are interested in Debian, UNIX, or anything that has been traditionally male-dominated... even regarding other fields like playing Tubas or teaching flight school.... it all goes with the rebellious nature of Linux hackers and those against the status quo.

Besides some guys are still just... lonely :-)

Andrew