Re: standards-numbers : UPC ; ISBN ; ISSN ; SAN ; ????

was wondering if anyone has any ( { exprience with } | { info about } )
algorithms used on UPCs, ISBNs, SANs, etc.

    especially =>  what algorithms do they use for ISBNs, UPCs, and SANs?

    ( and what other numbering-authorities are there, for such as this ?)

I work for Follett Software Company (www.fsc.follett.com) and we write automation software for libraries, so we know all about ISBN and ISSN algorithms. I included a colleague on this reply; maybe he can help you out.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester andy@petdance.com http://petdance.com/ AIM:petdance