Re: Mailing list headers

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:28:39PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> > No need to look at the headers visually - your MUA should take care of
> > that for you. If yours doesn't, please ask the upstream author to
> > implement it.
>
> 1. Why support DJB's non-standard unnecessary rubbish?

How about some genuine arguments about it rather than just comments
about its proposer?

> 2. Generally, wouldn't someone on debian-curiosa just implement it and then
> send the patch upstream?  (And why hasn't anyone done that for mutt and
> List-* headers yet, given the number of mutt-users (zooerasts?) here?)

Perhaps nobody thinks it needs it badly enough. And it's something that
affects the users alone, not other people receiving unwanted CCs, etc.
I might join a new list once a month so it's not a big deal for me to
edit my configuration file to add a new list.

Hamish