Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:46:58PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 11:06, Thomas Ritter wrote:
> > And the real point even with the Vatican
> > is not church history like burning witches or violently invading the arabian
> > world for god's sake - no, it's christian ideology.
>
> And an incredibly silly one. What does God care if people are practicing
> black magic, or worshipping {him,her,it} differently and by a different
> name?

Ooh!  Ooh!  I know!  Because black magic or worshipping differently/
by a different name is _actually_ worshipping the devil, not God!

(This statement brought to you by my inability to forget my old
bible-thumping days back in high school...)

> > PPPS: Hmmm, just thought about this, this is definitely not off-topic for this
> > list ;)
>
> It's not?

No, it's not.

> Does this list even _have_ a topic?

I'm not sure whether this list has a topic as such, but, by
definition, nothing is off-topic here.  As long as you're discussing
something, you're on-topic.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that