Re: Boulder Pledge

Alexander Hvostov wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 02:38, Russell Matbouli wrote:

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:06:04PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

Of course it wraps. But there's good reasons for 20 years of netiquette.
Why don't we start top-posting while we're at it?

There's an RFC that says a line should be no longer than 78 characters
long, if you want another reason :)

So I see, but then I wonder: _why_ should lines be no longer than 78
characters? Is this the same reason, or some issue that still applies?

Alex.

There are also still MTAs around that dont't handle longer lines (probably not in this list's demography, though... ;-)

2b