Re: debian-trivia

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:04:24PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >> Josh Narins <josh_narins@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>  > Does anyone know the oldest piece of machinery, still pingable,
>  > running Debian? What about not pingable?
>
>  Hmmm... I'm sure the 386 I installed years ago is still somewhere, but
>  it's been plugged off the net for quite a while.  But even that would
>  be beaten with ease by those Macs or Ataris running Debian.  The
>  project itself "has" one of those I think.

I bought my Amiga2000 in 1988 I think, so it will turn 15 this year. It is
sometimes running as an m68k buildd, but it is behind a firewall with
non-static IP. The turbocard (68060@50MHz), which is needed for linux is of
course a lot newer, I bought it maybe a year before I joined. The same goes
for most of the other hardware in that box (RAM, HDD, NIC) that has not
broken yet. But the mainboard is still original.

The project has an Amiga 3000, an Amiga 4000 and a Mac Quadra650, no idea
how old those are, the Mac might be even older. But Debian also runs on
Ataris and Macs from the 80's.

Christian