Re: tech-ctte: more on merged-/usr

On Sun, 2022-07-17 at 14:12 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 11:34:36 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 00:56:14 +0100, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> [some discussion of the transition to merged /usr]
>
> Please note that #994388 has been closed and archived, and does not
> accept new messages, so I've removed it from Cc.
>
> If your intention is to keep the TC updated on the progress of
> merged-/usr
> for our information, and maybe get some informal advice from
> individual
> TC members, then debian-ctte@lists.debian.org seems appropriate.
>
> If you would like the technical committee to make use of any of its
> constitutional powers
> (https://www.debian.org/devel/constitution#item-6)
> regarding merged-/usr or otherwise, please open a new bug with the
> request. In particular, requesting advice from the TC as a whole (as
> did in #911225) would be an appropriate reason to open a new bug. If
> it
> becomes necessary to overrule a maintainer, that would also be a
> topic
> for a bug report.

So the primary intention was the question at the bottom of the first
mail - double-checking that the proposed plan matches and complies with
the decision made by the TC last year, and if it does, informing on the
intention to enact it. I would have imagined this wouldn't require a
formal vote, but I am no constitutional lawyer :-) If you tell me a
formal bug is required for this, I am happy to open one.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi