Re: Bits from the Technical Committee

On Sun, 2022-07-10 at 18:49 +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:

> We recently realized that we have stopped sending announcements of TC
> decisions to the debian-devel-announce mailing list a few years ago.
> We are currently contemplating whether we should re-adopt this practice,
> or some variant of it. We'd welcome input from developers on this matter.

Personally I think it feels reasonable that each individual decision be
announced via a mail to d-d-a and I had expected that they would be.

If you don't feel each decision deserves a mail, then I think there
should at least be a summary of decisions in a shorter time period than
the yearly bits mail. Either a more regular bits mail or via DevNews:

https://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

In addition, it would be great if the CTTE could keep the index of CTTE
decisions on the Debian website up to date. The web team accept updates
via Salsa merge requests these days or you can get commit access too.

https://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte
https://www.debian.org/devel/website/
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/merge_requests

Thanks for your work on all the hard problems.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise