Re: New semi-formal ctte role: TC facilitators

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> Any developer or group of developers can request that the TC assign a
> *facilitator* to work with them in the early stages of a technical
> disagreement.
>
> Facilitators are regular members of the TC ...

Given the issue of TC members possibly needing to recuse themselves from
later discussions, it occurs to me that the TC might on occasion want to
delegate the role of facilitator to a non-member.

Ex-members seem like plausible candidates for being volunteered, but it
also occurs to me that this might be quite a good way of giving people a
taster of what being on the TC actually involves, so providing an
additional recruitment channel.

Cheers, Phil.