Re: tech-ctte: Call for votes on TC membership of Elana and Sean

Hey everyone

I did a traceback of why I was so confused about this on Friday, it
basically came down to two things:

1. I happened to have read https://www.debian.org/devel/leader just a
few hours earlier and I think the line with "Appoint Delegates or
delegate decisions to the Technical Committee" poisoned my brain cache
to associate technical committee with "delegate", so my brain fart, sorr
y.

2. The last ctte update linked from
https://www.debian.org/intro/organization is
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/03/msg00005.html,
and it does indeed seem to be the latest appointment update.

Personally I find it a bit strange that we don't announce the expired
terms, or even that Margarita is now the chair. I think it's a
high-profile enough team in Debian that we should be announcing these
kinds of changes, so, I'm adding that to this email. If you think that I
rather shouldn't, let me know and I'll gladly remove it again, or
otherwise suggest a change.

I also renamed "chairman" to "chairperson" as it has become the de facto
designation in Debian, if you'd prefer I change it to something else or
revert it, let me know.

"""
To: debian-devel-announce@...
Subject: New appointments for the Debian Technical Committee

Dear fellow developers,

As defined by our constitution (§6.2.2), the Debian
Technical Committee has recommended the appointment of:

 * Elana Hashman <ehashman>
 * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>

I am happy to follow their recommendation and hereby
appoint Elana and Sean as members of the Technical
Committee, effective immediately.

For reference, their nominations and votes are recorded at:

 * https://bugs.debian.org/961156

Since the last appointment update for the Debian
Technical Committee[1], the terms of Didier Raboud
and Tollef Fog Heen have expired.

Many thanks to both of them for their service.

Margarita Manterola is the current chairperson of
the Debian Technical Committee.

The Technical Committee now consists of:

 * Margarita Manterola <marga> (chairperson)
 * Philip Hands <philh>
 * David Bremner <bremner>
 * Niko Tyni <ntyni>
 * Gunnar Wolf <gwolf>
 * Simon McVittie <smcv>
 * Elana Hashman <ehashman>
 * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>

Task Description
- - ----------------

The Technical Committee is established by the Debian
Constitution, section 6. It is the body which makes the
final decision on technical disputes in the Debian
project.

More info about the Technical Committee, including
recent decisions, discussion and advice, may be found
here:

 * https://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte

[1]
https://lists.debian.org/1521224077.296447.1305789200.53C43961@webmail.m