From: Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@debian.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: tech-ctte: requirements for being pre-dependency of bin:init
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:06:15 +0000

Package: tech-ctte
Severity: normal

Dear Technical Comitete,

currently, inclusion of new init system into Debian requires inclusion into
pre-dependency of bin:init package, which is unsatisfactory.

As can be followed in #838480, current practice puts maintainer of any
new init system to be included into Debian at disadvantage, essentially
granting maintainer of bin:init (which happens to be `systemd' team now)
veto right. According to Constitution 3.1, individual developer poses
power of descision making only with regard their /own/ work.

Hereby, I ask TCCE to provide requirements init system must satisfy that
/warrants/ inclusion into pre-dependency of essential bin:init.
Alternatively, I ask to consider introducion of virtual package
'init-system'.

This summary of disagreement was proposed at least month ago, but there
were no input from other side (see #838480).
--
        Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once every 24 hours.
                 If matter is urgent, try https://t.me/kaction

Regards,
Marga