Re: Maintainership

Le vendredi, 2 décembre 2016, 16.00:36 h CET Ian Jackson a écrit :
> On debian-project I posted a suggestion in respose to Zach in the
> thread about maintaintainership.  See below.

I've answered to parts of the debian-project thread.

> Do the TC think a resolution such as that below would pass ?

Frankly, I don't know.

> Supposing such a resolution were passed, would it make a practical
> difference to how you approach petitioners and maintainers ?

It would; in such that I would probably also resign, with exactly the same
reasoning as Phil's.

Giving advice to the TC through trying to change how its members are supposed
to think, discuss, and wheigh arguments; is paternalizing and would be a
strong sign of misconfidence from the project. On the other hand, changing the
repartition of powers through amending the constitution is fine for what I'm
concerned. I supported the TC's term expiry GR, for instance. Changing the
majority requirements would be fine too.

--
Cheers,
    OdyX