[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#802159: New OpenSSL upstream version

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 09:57:04AM -0500, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2015, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > I've been waiting for the release team for a while to make a decision
> > on #765639 for a year now. Could you help in getting a decision?
> > 
> > I've actually been waiting for longer than that, I can't directly find
> > all links, but previous discussions about it are at least:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/09/msg00466.html
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/12/msg00140.html
> Is there anything that it would be helpful for the technical committee
> to do here to help facilitate coming to a decision on this?
> Specifically, this being (FWICT), bringing a new(er) version of openssl
> into jessie and/or wheezy.
> I personally don't have enough information to form an opinion yet, but
> I recognize that some decision should be made.

So to clarify my point of view, I just want to have a decision on
my issue.  I understand that the release team is having a hard
time making a decision, but I'm not sure why.  So I guess my
initial question is to try and understand why they don't make a
decision.  I also wonder if it would help them if they delegated
the decision to the ctte.

There might also be a need to clarify the policy for such updates.


Reply to: